HEIS was founded 1954 as an independent, market oriented, scientific and research institution for needs of professors, teaching assistants and students of former Technical Faculty that was latterly transformed to Faculty of Civil Engineering, School of Architecture, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Electrical Engineering. In summer 1991, the Institute was transformed into predominantly privatised company - Shareholders Company with full responsibility.
The Institute's scope of work includes, scientific and research activities, education, planning, consulting services, as well as the revisions of technical-investment documentation from the domain of water management, and hydro-engineering and environmental engineering.
At present, 35 people are employed at the Institute, more than a half having bachelor, master or doctoral degree. If required, the Institute occasionally engages honorary or retired experienced experts.
The scientific and research activities carried out by HEIS include:
The scientific group includes 3 researchers experienced in related issues and the Institute can deploy a laboratory fully equipped to efficiently and accurately perform water and wastewater quality analyses. (see attached Annex with CVs and detailed laboratory profile).